Thursday 20 December 2012

(31/05/12) - Perhentian Kecil Island to Oneself

Just had a great day.

Walked around the island and on one section, I was pretty sure I would die of heatstroke.

It was a jungle trail with the emphasis on 'jungle', and not so much on the 'trail'.
Then I saved a kitten, found a coconut and spent 45 minutes getting into it - the best coconut I have ever eaten, (although I may have been delirious from heat/thirst), then met some really nice people at an eco-resort, had a much needed swim on a totally deserted bit of beach off the trail and then found and ate a wild pineapple and some bananas, unless I imagined it all and am still lost in the jungle, writing this in my own urine on a rock.

However, I'm pretty sure that I'm now in an internet cafe watching the prettiest sunset I can remember.
The Sun is just sitting on the sea like a blob of molten metal, small dramatic islands are in sharp silhouette and everything is a soft, golden colour. Some tourist just took a photo with a flash.
Will head off for something spicy now. Hope you all had a good day too.
Goodnight Tassie, stay warm.

€}c:})~

No comments:

Post a Comment